There will be many times when you would need to purchase a crystal. But remember just because a crystal is beautiful, and the nicest one of a bunch, doesn’t mean that it is the best crystal for you. It is more important for you to be receptive and allow yourself to be drawn to a stone that will have meaning for you. Most people choose the crystal which assists them best in the situation they need it for. Crystals are often used for clearing your mind, helping with a physical problem, meditation, charms for protection for yourself or your home, for healing, for chakra work, for stone elixirs, or for anything that seems suitable. So you need to be very sure about the crystal you are going to buy. Select the crystal which has the properties to help you.
There are several types of crystal to choose from. Plain crystal is clear, unadorned crystal that looks most like glass. It is simple, elegant, and coordinates with just about anything. Cut crystal has a pattern or design. It can be relatively simple or very ornate. Banded crystal has a ring of gold or platinum around the rim. If the bride and groom have registered for a particular set of crystal glassware, select your gift from the wedding registry.
Crystal quality can be judged quickly and easily. Look at the crystal if it is clear and brilliant or not, it should be virtually perfect. The lesser the quality, the more flaws you’ll see, including swirls, bubbles, and white chunks. Crystal contains lead, while plain glass does not – the higher the lead content, the clearer the crystal will appear. Fine crystal is hand-blown and should be colorless. When tapped lightly, it should sound bell-like, unlike the flat note you hear when tapping glass. Here we are sharing some common unavoidable tips for you while choosing a crystal.
- Just pick the crystals up one at a time and see which feels right. If a crystal appeals to you using this method then it will undoubtedly be the right crystal for you. It should also come into budget although all the crystals are generally of high range.
- Stand in front of a group of crystals, relax and breathe easily, close your eyes and picture yourself selecting a crystal, now without opening your eyes, reach out and pick up a crystal, you may be surprised at what you get.
- If you are looking for a crystal for a particular purpose (meditation, protection etc.), hold the reason in your mind and project it to the crystals. Be opened to a response; consult with the person who is accompanying you.
There are also so many people who are selling crystals on the internet today. When choosing a crystal from an internet site it is not possible to touch the crystal, so you need to take your intuition one stage further. It is important that you purchase from someone trustworthy, who will guarantee the quality of their crystals. Browse through the pictures and note which most appeals to you. The best way to choose any crystal from a website would be to be clear in yourself what you want or need the crystal for. Ask yourself what you want from the crystal, if there is any specific color that attracts or repels you; which you dislike! You must also look the picture of crystal very carefully. After browsing deeply, if you feel that you very much want that crystal to be a part of your life, it is likely that on some level it has something to offer you.
When you buy a crystal, you also need to take care of it perfectly as it had cost you a lot! Some of the basic cleaning tips are shared with you.
- A fine crystal should be hand-washed in moderately hot water and mild detergent. Don’t be too harsh with it.
- Use a soft brush to gently clean the grooves in cut crystal. Be careful while handling such crystals. Don’t get hurt.
- Never wash or even rinse gold- or platinum-banded glasses in hot water or harsh soap — the banding may wear off. Also avoid lemon-based dishwashing liquid as it acidic in nature.
- Place a towel or rubber mat in the sink to prevent chipping if you happen to drop something. As they say prevention is better than cure!
- Dry as quickly as possible with a soft towel to avoid water spots.
- Store glasses upright to protect rims especially those with banded crystal.
You now have a little idea about crystals and can look up which crystals are best suited for what you need them for. Some background knowledge about the crystals you are interested in purchasing is always a good idea when you cannot use your physical senses, however use and trust your intuition as it works across time, space and distance all the time.